If you stay ready, you ain’t gotta GET ready!
It’s almost time to attend the BIGGEST RuPaul’s DragCon celebration yet, happening Jan 6-8! Are you ready, divas? Read on for tips on how to prepare for the UK’s fiercest 3-day weekend of all things drag and pop culture!
Royal Victoria Dock, 1 Western Gateway, London E16 1XL, UK
General Admission Attendees
Friday 6 January – 10:00 to 18:00
Saturday 7 January – 10:00 to 18:00
Sunday 8 January – 10:00 to 17:00
VIP All Stars Attendees
Friday 6 January – 9:00 to 18:00
Saturday 7 January – 9:00 to 18:00
Sunday 8 January – 9:00 to 17:00
When you arrive at the ExCel London, you’ll need to go to registration before you can enter the show floor.
At registration, your ticket will be scanned and you’ll be given a badge to wear throughout the DragCon weekend. Please make sure you bring either your printed ticket or mobile ticket with you to registration. You can’t register without it. You can register tickets for your friends and family, without them being present. We do not have an onsite box office, purchasing tickets ahead of time is highly encouraged.
Registration During DragCon Weekend
Registration opens at 7:30 am each day of DragCon weekend, 6 Jan to the 8th. If you collected your badge before doors open, you may queue in the designated waiting areas.
VIP All Star Registration
If you are a VIP All Star ticket holder, you will have a dedicated registration counter just for All Star attendees.
The RMT Union has called for strike action on all National Rail, London Overground and London Underground Services on the 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th January 2023. Other TFL services (including DLR and Elizabeth Line, which are used to access ExCeL London) are planned to be operational, but potentially not as full service. We encourage you to check which stations and services are working across the capital on the TfL website (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/) or using the ‘TfL Go’ mobile app.
It is likely there will be very limited services on these days; full strike-day timetables will be published two weeks prior to the strike action. There are still ways to access the venue depending on your location and travel plans.
- DLR services will be in operation, but with potentially limited services. All DLR-only stations will be open for passengers, including Custom House and Prince Regent to access ExCeL.
- The Elizabeth Line will operate as normal on all dates between Paddington and Abbey Wood, serving Custom House for ExCeL London.
- ExCeL is connected by river services and the cable car. Event attendees can use the river services to North Greenwich Pier and the cable car to Royal Victoria, a short walk from the west entrance.
For alternative travel, there is plenty of parking at ExCeL London with nearly 2,000 spaces. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis using pay and display, and costs £20 for up to 24-hours. It is available for cars, transit vans and minibuses up to 3.5T and up to 1.9 metres. ExCel London will also work with other large parking spaces in London, such as the O2, should additional spaces be required. Use SatNav code E16 1XL for the West Entrance to access ExCeL’s car park.
Licensed taxis or minicabs can also be used to and from the venue.
Official After Hours Parties
Tickets are available NOW as an add-on when you purchase DragCon UK tickets.
After Hours will take place on the Main Stage at RuPaul’s DragCon(on the showroom floor) after doors close. Each party requires their own separate ticket. Ticket holders must exit the DragCon floor upon closing, and can begin to queue in the registration area for re-entry immediately at 18:00. Parties are scheduled to start at 19:30 each night.
If you purchased After Hours Party tickets, you may pick up your After Hours badge when you pick up your DragCon badge at the registration counter. Please present your QR code for the After Hours Party to be scanned by the staff. Once they scan it, they will give you your badge that grants you access to the party you purchased tickets for. Both parties will require you to wear your badge all night in order to enter the party.
RuPaul’s DragCon UK is a fully accessible event and is suitable for attendees in wheelchairs.
DragCon promotes equal opportunities for people with disabilities and is happy to offer one free carer ticket per guest able to provide evidence of their disability.
DragCon can accept the following documentation as proof of disability:
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Blue Badge
- Signed letter from GP
Please note that all documentation should be dated within 2 years and we are unable to accept expired Blue Badges.
There is no pre-registration necessary for these benefits; each guest requiring a carer should purchase the regular priced ticket level they desire. Once at the ExCeL, guest must bring the proper documentation to our All Star/Accessibility registration counter and will then be given a carer wristband for the person accompanying them.
BSL interpreters will be available at limited programming on the Main Stage.
Accessible Lines at Queen Booths:
Queen booths have a separate VIP access line that is also open to attendees with accessibility needs. Please show the line attendant your Accessibility wristband and you and your carer will be provided use of this separate line. For other autograph lines that do not include VIP access, please notify a DragCon line monitor and they will accommodate your entry. Please note that this access does not guarantee a shorter or “no wait” time. This access is provided to minimize navigation of lines.
- Check out where all your fave queens will be and make your schedule! Also make sure you don’t miss a chance to see RuPaul DJing live or miss any iconic Main Stage performance!
- Shoes! Heels will be aplenty. But remember heels hurt after a while. Try to wear comfortable shoes, or bring some with you. You’re gonna be doing a ton of walking!
- Come in Drag (whatever that means to you)! It’s not mandatory, but will make for an iconic time!
- Don’t forget to stop by the World of Wonder booth for amazing exclusive merch that you can only find at DragCon!
- Because there will be bag checks at DragCon, it’s best to pack as light as possible and avoid wearing metal.
- Use #DragCon or tag @rupaulsdragcon on your social media posts. Share your DragCon experience with your friends who couldn’t make it!
- Support the small businesses and vendors at DragCon to get your hands on cosmetics, art, wigs, accessories, merch, and much more!
Above all, we’re here to celebrate inclusivity and acceptance as drag lovers together, so remember to be respectful and have so much fun this weekend!