A good friend of mine and her two sons have suddenly found themselves being cast as extras in all sorts of TV shows and films lately. (Doesn’t hurt that Mom and sons are on the good-looking side, either…) One son has moved onto speaking roles and was offered a part on a series recently. This all happened on a casting-call fluke.
So it COULD happen to you…
Grant Wilfley Casting agency is looking for SAG-AFTRA and non-union men and women ages 18 and older in the New York City area to to portray ’60s upscale theatergoers on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, the Emmy award-winning Amazon series, now shooting season 3.
The series followed the life of Midge Maisel which, when her life takes a surprise turn, has to quickly decide what else she’s good at and going from housewife to stand-up comic is a wild choice to everyone but her.
Further details of this casting are located below the Nine 9 application. Enrollment in their service is not required.
Tentative shoot date is August 7. Filming in NYC. Must be okay working around atmospheric smoke. No wool allergies. Exterior work. Spring season wardrobe. Must be 18 years old or older.
Women’s hair requirements are as follows:
•No fashion colors
• No weaves or braids. No undercuts, ombré or unnatural looking highlights. No roots if hair is colored.
• Hair must be above the shoulders, it cannot touch the shoulders. If hair touches shoulders, it will need to be cut by our hair dept.
• Men must be okay getting a 1950s haircut and being clean shaven on the shoot date.
• No tattoos or surgically altered faces or bodies!
Please email a current candid photo to [email protected] with the following information:
• YOUR NAME
• SAG-AFTRA or NON UNION
• All wardrobe sizes (Men: Height, weight, jacket, neck, sleeve, waist, inseam and shoe. Women: height, weight, dress, bust, waist, hip, shoe)
Are you available for shoot date on August 7?
• What forms of ID can you bring to set to fill out an I9?
• Have you worked on the show before? If so when and as what?
• Are you local to the NY tri-state area?
• Do you have any visible tattoos? (this includes, hands, feet, ankles, etc.)
• Please attach current, candid photos. Need to see current hair style and length. One photo should be full body.
• Subject line should say “FACEBOOK 307 Theater”
NON UNION RATE is $210/12hrs SAG rates apply to SAG members. For application, click here.
As they say in New Yawk,