Yes, hoverboards were this year’s most sought-after Christmas present but whoever thought they could jump on a one without injuring themselves was just delusional. Some of the clips are funny, others just look painful.
Fears had already been raised about the safety of the devices, and some airlines banned them after reports of them catching fire. Delta officials said in an online statement:
“Poorly labelled, powerful lithium-ion batteries powering hoverboards are the issue. Delta reviewed hoverboard product specifications and found that manufacturers do not consistently provide detail about the size or power of their lithium-ion batteries.”
The batteries used in the cheaper models (made in China) which are then apparently re-branded before being sold in the U.S. and UK.
Twitter users continue to post videos of themselves and their poor parents falling and laughing while others are breaking ord spraining their arms (below) after crashing the precarious gadgets. Doesn’t make me want one. Ouch.
(via Daily Mail)