There’s buzz that Hope Hicks, the 28 year-old, White House Director of Strategic Communications (with zero political experience) is Trump’s girlfriend.
Hicks was a former model who worked in public relations until 2012, when she started helping one of her clients, Ivanka Trump, expand her fashion line. (She also modeled for Ivanka’s website — which is supposedly how Trump “discovered” her.) She joined the Trump organization full-time in 2014.
Hicks said about her boss in May,
“President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor … and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.”
You can hear her talk more about Trump in a Forbes’ video, below.
According to Liberal Mountain;
• Trump has cute nicknames for her such as “Hopester” and “Hopie.”
• She talks very highly of him, almost like she’s in love.
• Even though she has no political experience, Trump created a position specifically for her, and she also receives the highest salary in the White House.
• She’s always with him… their offices are very close to each other.
• Trump paid for her apartment during the campaign.
• She’s known as the “Trump Whisperer” because she understands his moods and can figure out what needs to be done. Trump seems to appreciate having her around.
Trump said of Hicks in an interview with the New York Times,
“I’m lucky to have her. She’s got very good judgment. She will often give advice, and she’ll do it in a very low-key manner, so it doesn’t necessarily come in the form of advice. But it’s delivered very nicely.”
There no real, tangible proof that the two are having an affair, of course, but as soon as she was named the director of strategic communications, everybody started to wonder. Outloud. Online.
Two weeks ago, Claude Taylor, who worked in the White House when Bill Clinton was president, tweeted that he heard Trump was having an affair.
Who knows? It’s either an unfounded rumor or an open secret in the White House. You know who DOES know one way or the other? The Secret Service.
(Photos, top, YouTube, Twitter; via Liberal Mountain)