TMZ is reporting that Storm Chasers star Joel Taylor died of MDMA poisoning while on a cruise ship earlier this year. There were also traces of ketamine in his system.
TMZ broke the story — Taylor was found unresponsive in his room back in January — witnesses told us he was seen earlier in the night being carried off the dance floor by two other men. We were told he’d consumed multiple substances.
Taylor was 28 years old.
Ecstasy Overdose Complications
Upon ecstasy overdose, the potentially serious serotonin syndrome, stimulant psychosis, and hypertensive crisis, among other dangerous adverse reactions, may occur. The symptoms of of ecstasy overdose can include:
- agitation, restlessness and paranoia
- cognitive and memory impairment and amnesia
- disorientation and confusion
- hallucinations and delusions
- thought disorder or disorganized thinking
- cardiac dysfunction, arrest and heart failure
- coma or death
- damage to the heart
- destruction of blood vessels
- hemorrhage and stroke
- hyper reflexia
- hypertension or hypotension
- loss of consciousness
- muscle rigidity
- rapid breathing and shortness of breath
- renal failure
- severe chest pain
- severe hyperthermia, potentially resulting in organ failure