The New York Post notes that Dr. Anthony Fauci has become an unlikely celebrity and hero during the coronavirus pandemic, “thanks to his daily no-nonsense briefings and decades-long career fighting infectious diseases.” As a result, there are suddenly Dr Fauci bobbleheads, t-shirts, donuts, candles, and fan art galore. We can’t get enough of the guy.
Now, an online petition at Change.org petition is gaining traction to give Fauci People’s “Sexiest Man Alive” title for 2020.
“His comforting and intelligent demeanor has helped to lessen our national anxiety,” the petition reads. “He speaks truth to power, a strength few have at this time. His kind face and manner of speaking bring calm during the storm. For sapiophiles and many others, he is the definitive Sexiest Man Alive in 2020.”
(Sapiophiles, btw: People who are attracted to intellect)
With over 5,700 signatures and counting, People editor-in-chief Dan Wakeford has even seen the petition.
“April Fool’s prank or not, Dr. Anthony Fauci is indeed the latest unexpected ‘star’ to emerge from the COVID-19 task force daily press briefings,” Wakeford said in a statement to Women’s Wear Daily. “He has helped bring back ‘must-see TV’ to the masses, who are hungry for wisdom about how to best care for their family’s health and safety in this time of uncertainty. Smart is sexy, no doubt.”
And if all this seems like more evidence that we are living in a simulation, you aren’t alone. A quick look at the comments on LiveJournal:
- “im gonna vom”
- “People are dying”
- “The bar is in hell.”
- “Can we do this at another time…?”
- “The lack of diq due to the quarantine is taking unsuspected consequences”
- “Horny people + quarantine + social media = THIS”
- “what the fuck is happening”
- “look I know we’re all extra hornt up because of quarantine but NO”
- “adsffhf is this a fever dream? Have we all collectively lost our minds.”
- “People Magazine would do it. Since they chose blake fucking shelton, anything is possible”
So… YOUR thoughts?