Formerly Wake-Up Calls
• George Michael whammed into three parked cars in London yesterday and drove off in his Range Rover without stopping to exchange even a careless whisper with the police.
• David Johansen and Sylvain Sylvain, last living members of seminal glam-rock band, the New York Dolls, announced they will be dropping their first new album in 32 years on July 25. Featured guests on the disc include fellow old-timers Michael Stipe and Bo Diddley.
• Lindsay Lohan says, “I am looking into the Kabbalah.” She’s said it before. But perhaps she should look into driving school or, after her dismal third foray hosting SNL over the weekend, acting classes.
• Brad and Angelina have had to move to Africa so their baby can be born there and be technically African. The expecting couple, with adopted kids Maddox and Zahara, are currently holed up in Namibia awaiting the birth.
• Tom Cruise has installed a $255,000 full-on hospital in a spare room in his house to prepare for the birth of his child. The features include a fetal monitor, ultrasound machine, intravenous pump, delivery kit, three Scientology medics, a midwife, a nurse, and an obstetrics expert. Oh, and Katie.