The whole country is just melting in this heat, so I sought a little cool relief looking at the best pools Mr. Google has to offer. There are LOTS more great ones but here’s my short list:
5. The Neptune Pool at Hearst Castle, California – A true classic. Not the biggest but hard to top
4. The Raleigh Hotel pool, Miami Beach – An old-school fave. Esther Williams swam in it, OK?
3. Marina Bay Sands Hotel pool, Singapore – The view makes me dizzy. Glam quotient, off the charts. (Photo courtesy Andrew Rowat)
2. The San Alfonso del Mar resort pool, Algarrobo, Chile – World’s largest and deepest. 66 million gallons. Wow.
1. Luca & Andre’s pool, Callicoon Center, New York – It doesn’t look THAT great to you? Well, it isn’t that big and the landscaping’s not done, but I contend, today, it is “The World’s Best Pool,” as I’m about to go get in it. The “World’s Best Pool” is always the one that’s in front of you, right? Find yours and stay cool, America. (Marina Bay Sands Pool photo courtesy Andrew Rowat)