According to Miami-Dade police, a teenager, William Watson, has been identified as the killer of Kiki Fantroy.
via the local ABC News affiliate:
The 21-year-old transgender woman died July 31 after an early morning shooting near her home.
According to the arrest report, Watson got upset during a conversation, shot at a person officers identified as “Victim Bell” and then started chasing and shooting at Fantroy.
Detectives said Watson ran after her and shot at her several times. Miami-Dade Fire Rescue personnel took her to Jackson South Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.
Watson will face charges of second-degree murder and an attempted murder charge.
Fantroy was the 13th transgender woman killed this year in the U.S. (all of whom have been African-American),
Their names are:
- Zoe Spears, 23, and Ashanti Carmon, 27, killed in Maryland.
- Muhlaysia Booker, 23, and Chynal Lindsey, 26, killed in Texas.
- Dana Martin, 31, killed in Alabama.
- Jazz aline Ware, killed in Tennessee.
- Claire Legato, 21, killed in Ohio.
- Michelle “Tamika” Washington, 40, killed in Pennsylvania.
- Brooklyn Lindsey, 32, killed in Missouri.
- Paris Cameron, 20, killed in Michigan.
- Chanel Scurlock, 23, killed in North Carolina
- Denali Berries Stuckey, 29, killed in South Carolina.