It turns out that Boyzone singer Stephen Gately (above left) choked to death on his own vomit after eight hours of binge drinking. He was found Sunday afternoon on the couch in the living room of his Majorca apartment by the Bulgarian man he and husband Andy Cowles picked up at The Black Cat, a gay bar in town. Georgi Petrov Dochev (above right) and Cowles had spent the night together in the master bedroom. “I found Stephen dead and I woke his husband. He was white and cold when I found him,” Dochev told the Daily Telegraph. “You will have to ask the husband what has happened. I don’t want to say anything more. I am still nervous and really upset.” (Source)
Updating the Update: A post-mortem into the death of Stephen Gately has found that he died of natural causes. A court official on the island of Majorca said the singer suffered a pulmonary oedema, an accumulation of fluid on the lungs.
Officials dismissed speculation that Gately choked on his own vomit, and said drugs and alcohol were not involved in his death. (Sky News)