I didn’t know that there were so many good reasons not to drink Rockstar Energy Drink… aside from the fact that it tastes like shit. Nor did I know who this Michael Savage character was until my friend Holly posted a link on her facebook to The Truth about Rockstar Energy Drink suggesting that we all stop consuming the crap.
I checked it out, and here’s what I learned: Rockstar’s CEO is an asshat known as Russell Goldencloud Weiner, cofounder of The Paul Revere Society, an organization dedicated to deporting all illegal immigrants. He shares many of the same ultra-conservative views as his father, Michael, is better known as the extremist conservative talk-radio host of Savage Nation, Michael Savage, with whom he co-created Rockstar. His equally conservative mother, Janet Weiner, is CFO of the company.
Here are a few of Michael Savages unsavory quotes:
1) He told a gay caller to “get AIDS and die.” (He was fired from his job at MSNBC for this comment.)
2) “When I hear someone’s in the civil rights business, I oil up my AR-15!”
3) He referred to Arabs as “non-humans” and “racist, fascist bigots.”
4) He said “I commend prisoner abuse; we need more.”
5) His suggested strategies for our countries actions in Iraq
include, “I think a thousand of them held in the Iraqi prison should be
given 24 hour — a trial and executed,” and “They should put dynamite
in their behinds and drop them from 35,000 feet, the whole pack of scum
out of that jail.”
6) He railed against the relief efforts after Hurricane Katrina and called the Red Cross “anti-American.”
7) He characterized poet, educator and civil rights activist Maya Angelou as a “liar,” “moron,” “fraud,” and “dirtbag.”
These quotes were cited by Brian Rohter, CEO of New Seasons Market, as just a few of the reasons he decided to remove the drink from his company’s shelves. You can read the rest of his letter and find out lots more about the “savages” behind Rockstar Energy Drink at The Truth About Rockstar Energy Drink and No Savage.