Jenifer Lewis will be joining us at the 1st annual RuPaul’s DragCon! Jennifer has made more than 300 appearances in film and television, making her one of the most familiar faces in Hollywood. Jenifer has a recurring role in the ABC sitcom Black-ish, and most recently appeared in the films The Wedding Ringer and Think Like A Man Too.
As we wait patiently for RuPaul’s DragCon (It’s 37 days away, but who’s counting?), here are some fun factoids about Jenifer Lewis that you might not have known.
- She once toured with Bette Midler as part of the back-up singing trio The Harlettes. This led to her first movie role during the ‘Otto Titsling’ production number in Beaches.
- Jenifer has performed in four Broadway shows including Hairspray.
- Jenifer portrayed the role of Effie White in the workshop of Dreamgirls. The role was recast with Jennifer Holliday by the time it made its Broadway debut.
- Jenifer is a fierce advocate for AIDS awareness and treatment, and has performed in more than 15 AIDS Walks around the country.
- In 2012, Jenifer teamed up with RuPaul’s Drag Race’s Shangela for the scripted YouTube series Jenifer Lewis and Shangela.
RuPaul’s DragCon is going down May 16 and 17 at the LA Convention Center. Get your tickets here!