U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert, spouts any right-wing ideology/ Q-Anon conspiracy theories that she hears.
Her latest is that she says,
We require people to be 21 to purchase alcohol beverages, and 21 to purchase tobacco products. Why is it so unreasonable to require people to reach a certain level of maturity before making life-altering decisions about their sexuality and identity?”
In other words, you should be 21 before declaring how you identify. Boebert has been slammed by critics because she has stated that those under 21 should have TOTAL access to firearms.
Here are some other “fun” facts about Boebert:
- The Colorado State Rep in Congress, Lauren Boebert did not graduate high school (no shame in that) and did not get her GED until well into her 30s. Personally, I like my representatives in Congress to be well-educated and well-versed in the law, but apparently Colorado voters are more lax about these things. Hey, Boebert’s hero, Trump has said that he “loves the poorly educated!”
- The couple’s third son, Kaydon, was born in July 2009 in the front seat of her husband’s truck, according to The Aspen Times. Boebert said, “When we got to New Castle my water broke, and I started pushing and couldn’t stop. By the time we got to the West Glenwood exit, the baby’s head was out…”
- In 2010, Lauren and husband Jayson Boebert lost their home when they were foreclosed on and evicted. Lauren told The Daily Herald, “I grew up in a Democrat home. My mom believed all those failed [government] promises. She believed you need the government to support you…”
- Lauren and Jayson opened their gun-themed restaurant Shooters Grill in 2013 in (I kid you not) Rifle, Colorado. The wait staff openly carries guns and Boebert has said, “Our restaurants have never been just about guns, but what an interesting way to connect with people… we have seen families reconciled, bodies healed, people brought into the Kingdom of God by making Jesus their Lord and so much more.”
- At least 80 people got food poisoning at Shooters Grill after the Rifle Rodeo in 2017. A local paper wrote, “100 percent of those interviewed with diarrhea ate pork sliders.” Boebert pushed back against the accusations in a 2017 letter in The Post Independent, “We have passed all of our previous and recent health inspections, of which I am happy to release. I want my business to be places of healing, restoration and edification; certainly not sickness.”
- In 2004, Jayson Boebert was charged with domestic violence against Lauren. They were dating at the time, according to The New York Post. A Garfield County court clerk told The Post that Jayson Boebert, “did unlawfully strike, shove or kick … and subjected her to physical contact.” He served seven days in jail.
- Also in 2004 hubby Jayson was accused of exposing his penis to young women (including a 16-year-old girl) at a bowling alley in their home town. According to the arrest report, Jayson was at the bowling alley’s snack bar while the group of young women discussed their tattoos. Police said he overheard the conversation and interjected, telling them he had a tattoo on his genitals, the women turned away from him to ignore him. But he came up to them, unzipped his pants and exposed his penis. According to the arrest report, Lauren (then known by her maiden name, Roberts) was listed as a witness. Jayson later pleaded guilty to public indecency and lewd exposure and was sentenced to four days in jail and two years of probation.
To sum up, Congresswoman Lauren Boebert didn’t graduate high school, gave birth in a pick-up truck, lost her home in a foreclosure, owns a gun-themed restaurant where waitresses are armed (and made 80 people sick with food poisoning) has a husband that was charged with domestic violence against her and exposed his tattooed penis to underage girls at a bowling alley.
It’s like she had some unpublished list… what’s left? Shoplifting topless at Walmart?
Oh, and SHE thinks you need to be to 21 to come out. Got it.
Lauren Boebert says gays should be legally prevented from coming out until they’re 21. Tulsi Gabbard says Don’t Say Gay should be extended to 12th grade; she’s called gay people unhealthy and abnormal. They’re Anita Bryant’s idiot daughters, chirping hate as a photo op pic.twitter.com/ZYDsPersU5— Paul Rudnick (@PaulRudnickNY) April 4, 2022
(Photos, Boebert campaign; via Heavy)