“There hasn’t been a single US president who’s been removed from office through impeachment. There’s a strong case against Trump, but there’s a reason impeachment hasn’t started yet. If we move to impeach now, the evidence against him may not be sufficient enough to remove him from office. If he survives the trial, his approval will increase, as it will show the country that he’s been ‘cleared’ of any wrongdoing. This is likely to get him re-elected.”
Constitutional Grounds for Impeachment:
The President shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors. (Article II, Section 4)
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.
- Requesting Election Interference from Russia in 2016
- [Sought to welcome Russian spies, ejected by Obama, back into the US] (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-russia-compounds-new-york-maryland-seized-presidential-election-2016-eastern-shore-a7766476.html)
- Not punishing Russia after proof of 2016 election interference, calling it a hoax.
- Welcoming Future Election Interference
- Siding with Putin over his own intelligence agencies in order to help the Russians avoid sanctions in the US
- Lifting sanctions in Russia allowed Trump to do business with VTB Bank, the financier of Trump Tower Moscow
- Trump organization agreed to give Vladimir Putin a $50 million penthouse suite
- Bypassing Congress to sell weapons to Saudi Arabia
- Meeting with Putin in private with no record
- Exposing US Submarine locations
- Exposing Navy Seal locations and identities in Iraq
- Saluting a North Korean General
Bribery (Taking or Giving)
- Trump was bribed by Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Bin Salman to endorse his purge of royal family members, ensuring Bin Salman’s reign of Saudi Arabia
- Trump was bribed to remove China’s firework tariff
- Trump was bribed to help Chinese phone company ZTE
- Trump bribed FL Attorney General to not investigate Trump University
- Trump Bribed porn stars using campaign funds to stay silent of his affairs
- Trump bribed Rapper 50 Cent to reel in black voters
(50 Cent didn’t take the deal but it’s likely Kanye West did)
- Ivanka bribed planned parenthood to stop providing abortion services
- Trump has a history of advocating bribery
Other High Crimes and Misdemeanors can be broken down as:
- Improperly exceeding or abusing the powers of the office
- Obstruction of Justice
- Government shutdown as extortion for border wall funds
- Behavior incompatible with the function and purpose of the office
- Tax Fraud (pending tax returns)
- Draft Dodge by claiming bone spurs, despite being a college athlete
- Military Parades inspired by dictators
- Threatening private US citizens
- Inciting Company Boycotts
- Threatening US Allies
- Praising Dictators
- Threatening Free Press, calling it the enemy of the people
- Condoning White Supremacy
- Misusing the office for an improper purpose or for personal gain
- Violation of the Emoluments Clause
- Lifting Russia sanctions so he can build Trump Tower Moscow
- Using campaign funds to bribe a porn-stars to stay silent of his affair
- Profiting from US Companies
The impeachment process follows these steps:
- The House Judiciary Committee holds hearings and, if necessary, prepares articles of impeachment. These are the charges against the official.
- If a majority of the committee votes to approve the articles, the whole House debates and votes on them.
- If a majority of the House votes to impeach the official on any article, then the official must then stand trial in the Senate.
- For the official to be removed from office, two-thirds of the Senate must vote to convict the official. Upon conviction, the official is automatically removed from office and, if the Senate so decides, may be forbidden from holding governmental office again.
What will get worse as we wait?
One thing that always appealed to Trump’s base is his war on immigrants. However, Trump’s inability to control the border has led to more drastic action against immigrants. This is likely to get worse as it’s one of Trump’s only solid measures to keep his base satisfied. While there’s still a lot of denial and shroud of conspiracy, we’re very suspiciously moving in a direction that is mimicking some actions of nazi germany.
- By definition, the US has concentration camps at the border
- Families are separated by Trump’s orders with no plan to ever reunite children with their parents.
- People have numbers written on their forearm for identification
- People are dying at these camps, but from sickness and very poor conditions bordering on human rights violations.
- ICE raids to capture immigrants in the US that closely resemble the SS capturing jews
- Torture tactics are used on children held in the camps.
- Trump fuels hatred of immigrants, painting them as rapists, drug smugglers, murderers, felons while most of them are only trying to escape the gang wars and persecution in their own country and legally seek asylum in the US.
Tariffs make importing products in the US more expensive, making it harder for farms and small companies to survive. Trump’s tariffs have only gotten worse over time and show no signs of stopping. They are killing small america, increasing the wage gap, and leading to a recession.
Trump has damaged our democracy. He’s opened the door to foreign interference, bypassed congress with executive orders, suppressed negative press against him, and numbed us to his lying, manipulating, scandalous, treasonous behavior. As long as Trump is in office, this will continue.
This is a subreddit focused on discussing all aspects of collusion between Trump and Russia. Valid topics include the latest news, your theories or research, and even rumors.