Raven knows her stuff when it comes to the care and beating of a face. (She’s RuPaul’s personal make-up artist and has an Emmy on her shelf, okay?)
WOW Presents Plus is now casting a new competition series, Painted with Raven. Makeup artists from across the country, will compete (remotely) in a series of challenges and the winner and gets a cash prize of 25 THOUSAND DOLLAS!
Raven recently spilled the T to British GQ with a few of her tips and tricks of the trade;
Dude Grooming Hacks
“If you’re putting yourself together to go out into the world in jeans and a T-shirt, why not add a little extra?
- A little bit of highlighter, but not something sparkly, glittery or shimmery, is essential. Apply it under the eye, along the cheekbone, down the nose, the chin and forehead. It makes a huge difference and is not noticeable.
- Why not curl your eyelashes to open up your eyes?
- Why not put on a little clear mascara to accentuate the eyelash?
- Why not clean up your eyebrow using a brow gel?
- You can use a little Burt’s Bees on the lips to even out the tone.
Coffee for Your Creamy Skin?
“When you wear make-up you’re putting something foreign on your face and it’s most likely not going to be that great for you, so you need to be on top of your skincare. I’m big on hydrating and revitalising my skin. I take a Frank Body Coffee Scrub, which is ground brown coffee, a little bit of coconut oil and vitamin A.
It gets the dirt out and really buffs the skin.”
Take It All Off
“Neutrogena Make-up-Removing Wipes are an essential. I also use coconut oil that I buy at the market. I melt it down with my hands and then I rub it all over my skin. It’s great for really working out the dirt, but you know it’s completely natural and organic.“
Raven’s Beauty Essentials
“Coty Face Powder. It’s an old-school airspun powder… that is the best powder in the world, whether for drag make-up or simply covering up.
Make Up For Ever’s Velvet Concealers dries into the skin beautifully and doesn’t leave any of that powdery crinkle in the folds.“