ALBUMS / EPs
1. Nouvelle Vague –NOUVELLE VAGUE (Luaka Bop/V2)
2. Shifting Gears – Z-TRIP (Hollywood)
3. Odyssey –FISCHERSPOONER (Capitol Records)
4 .Aparelhagen – DJ DOLORES featuring ISAAR (Ziriguiboom)
5. Atlantiquity – VARIOUS ARTISTS (Atlantic/Rhino)
The Vague French serve up genius bossa covers of new wave and punk classics; Superstar DJ Trip reminisces about cartoons and Saturday mornings with a bowl of “Breakfast Cereal”; Brooklyn’s finest deliver on its electrotrash promise with a solid sophomore disc; Brazil’s own Dolores offers a deliciously funky worldbeat soundscape; Rhino mine the vaults with groovy remixes of classics from Sister Sledge, Chic, The Spinners, Carmen McCrae and AWB by the likes of King Britt, Vikter Duplaix, Metisse and more.
1. “On and On” / “Lose Control” – MISSY ELLIOT (Gold Mind/Atlantic)
2. “Going Through the Motions” – AIMEE MANN (Superego Records)
3. “Louder Than a Bomb” – TIGA (Different Recordings)
4. “One Word” / “Sound of the Crowd” – KELLY OSBOURNE (Sanctuary Records Group)
5. “I Play Chicken With the Train” – COWBOY TROY featuring BIG & RICH (Warner Bros. Nashville)
Missy opens up the Cookbook with a lil help from The Neptunes, Ciara, and Fatman Scoop; Ms Mann picks up the pace with her usual lyrical panache; Canada’s Tiga kick out another electro rapping club jam; Osbourne stumbles toward electronic ecstasy with hitmaker helper Linda Perry in tow and a Human League re-work; Good ‘ol boy Troy waves the hick-hop flag with pride.
(Peace Bisquit is Bill Coleman)