At a party in the Hamptons this weekend, hosted by Lally Weymouth, the former owner of the Washington Post (and still a senior associate editor there) Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump rubbed elbows (or got snubbed) by a ton of journalists, and a who’s who of American political power and press.
Weymouth’s brother, former Washington Post publisher Don Graham, toasted Weymouth’s birthday on Monday and touted the upcoming Steven Spielberg film on the Post’s publication of the Pentagon Papers. Tom Hanks will play Ben Bradlee and Meryl Streep is publisher, and D.C. legend, Katherine Graham.
Here’s who else was there…
• Katharine Weymouth: Former publisher of the Washington Post, daughter of Lally
• Mary Jordan: Wapo correspondent “currently traveling America writing about the Trump era”
• Richard Cohen: Wapo columnist
• Margaret Carlson: Bloomberg News columnist & the first female columnist at Time magazine
• Gillian Tett: Managing editor of the Financial Times, U.S.
• Steve Clemons: Washington editor-at-large of The Atlantic
• Robert Hormats: Vice Chairman of Kissinger Associates
• Carl Icahn: Billionaire
• Joel Klein: Former Chancellor of the New York City Department of Education & Exec VP of News Corps.now at health start-up Oscar.
• Alan Patricof: founder and chairman of New York Magazine, a big Democrat who supported Hillary Clinton (though he’s lunched with Jared Kushner)
• Boyden Gray: Counsel to President Bush, architect of the Clean Air Act and former ambassador to the E.U.
• Chris Ruddy: CEO of Newsmax and Trump insider
• Charles Koch: One of the infamous Koch brothers and CEO of Koch Industries
• John Paulson: Trump economic adviser during the campaign
• Dina Powell: The U.S. Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategy to Trump (evidently introduced to him by Mika Brzezinski)
• Richard Edelman: Head honcho of the PR firm Edelman Group
• Maria Bartiromo: Anchor at FOX News
• Ray Kelly: Former Commissioner of the NYPD
• Jeff Rosen: Legal commentator
• Steven Spielberg; Hampton’s fixture, does something in film, BIG Democrat
(Photo, Instagram; via Jezebel)