The Game of Thrones panel at Comic-Con opened with a sizzle reel introducing the audience to the newbies of Season 5, and helllllloooooooo Trystane! And Yezzan! And Areo! Meet the new castmembers after the jump!
The Wire breaks down who’s who among the new cast members:
- Alexander Siddig as Doran Martell. Brother of the unfortunately-fated Oberyn Martell. Father of Trystane (and a couple others). Big important guy in Dorne.
- Toby Sebastain as Trystane Martell. Son to Doran, nephew to Oberyn (sniff), and betrothed to Myrcella Baratheon.
- Nell Tiger Free as Myrcella Baratheon. Daughter of Cersei Lannister and the late king Robert Baratheon, which means she’s really the daughter of Cersei and Jamie Lannister. Sent to Dorne in season two by Tyrion in order to both protect her from the coming war and to strengthen ties between King’s Landing and Dorne.
- DeObia Oparei as Areo Hotah. Captain of the guard for Prince Doran.
- Enzo Cilenti as Yezzan, who will cross paths with Danaerys over slave-trade matters.
- Jessica Henwick as Nymeria Sand. Sand Snake.
- Rosabell Laurenti Sellers as Tyene Sand. Sand Snake.
- Keisha Castle-Hughes as Obara Sand. Sand Snake. “Sand” is the surname given to bastards who are born in the southern regions like Dorne. (Just like “Snow” was the surname given to bastards like Jon and Ramsay.) These three sisters are all Prince Oberyn’s (miss u already!) illegitimate daughters.
- Jonathan Pryce as High Sparrow. Religious leader in King’s Landing. You imagine Cersei won’t care for that too much.