TMZ is reporting today that the Office of Chief Medical Examiner in NYC concluded that clubkid killer Michael Alig’s cause of death was acute intoxication by fentanyl, acetylfentanyl, heroin and methamphetamine.
Law enforcement sources tell us … a friend discovered Alig unconscious and unresponsive on his bed and called 911. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
We’re told cops found 2 to 3 small bags of heroin and other empty bags near his body … prompting their suspicion he’d died from an OD. The Medical Examiner says it was an accidental overdose.
That’s a lot of very deadly drugs for it to be accidental, but then Michael always had a very high tolerance. Until he didn’t.
And while this is not unexpected news, it’s still a shock to see while just casually scrolling through TMZ.