Kathy, Kathy, Kathy.
Now is NOT the time, darlin. Take a vacation. Retreat to your bedroom with some Ben & jerry’s and binge House of Cards. Do anything, anything except play the victim and whine about how unfairly you’re being treated. NOBODY wants to hear it right now. It will fundamentally hurt your chances of surviving this.
It seems she’s gone and hired high-powered attorney Lisa Bloom and held a press conference today, addressing the firestorm surrounding the photo of her and the bloody head of President Trump… and the “bullying” she claims she has endured at the hands of the Trump family as a result. Which… even if true… and I’m sure it is… probably isn’t something she should be bleating about now. Bad optics. And catnip for the Right.
Bloom, who famously represented actress Mischa Baron in her sex tape case announced via Twitter that she and Griffin would hold a press conference at 9AM Friday at The Bloom Firm in Woodland Hills.
“Earlier this week, Ms. Griffin released a controversial photograph of herself posing with a faux-bloody mask of Donald Trump’s face,” the attorney’s statement read. “Ms. Griffin and Ms. Bloom will explain the true motivation behind the image, and respond to the bullying from the Trump family she has endured.”
Watch her televised presser below.
Key takeaways (as recorded by ONTD, as I refuse to watch):
– She feels that Trump and his family are honestly trying to ruin her. She said he ‘broke’ her.
– She said they are trying to get her banned for life from CNN
– She has had numerous shows cancelled, and lost nearly all of her jobs. 5 upcoming shows were cancelled, so far.
– She is under a current Secret Service investigation for this incident
– She has been getting specific and credible death threats constantly
– She says it is unprecidented for a sitting President to target a comedian in this way and that’s why she is taking a stand against the bullying
– Her big argument is that satire is protected and allowed.
– She said that the photo in question was taken at the end of a day of shooting silly photos and they decided to do something ‘to get people talking.’ She stands by Tyler Shields, and likes that his work ‘goes there.’
(Photo: Pacific Coast News)