Whatever you think of Jessica Simpson, her new tell-all Open Book is stirring up strong reactions from everyone: her many exes, her many fans, and even anti-fur protestors.
Here are the juicy tidbits for those who CBB:
1. Jessica had an “emotional affair” with Johnny Knoxville during filming of Dukes of Hazzard, but since they were both married, it was kind of like being “prison pen pals.”
2. The turning point in her marriage with Nick Lachey came when he cast his future wife Vanessa Minnillo as a cold, unfeeling version of Jessica in the video for “What’s Left of Me.” Ouch!
3. After he previewed the rest of new album with other songs about her, she and Nick had one last sex session, and “when he walked out the door, I knew I would never see him again.” Ouch!
4. Her ex John Mayer would write songs to get her to come back, and they were so successful that they led to her breakup with Tony Romo. Ouch!
5. The viral 2009 “mom jeans” drama led to a deluge of negative comments about her weight and sent her into a tailspin. Even though she was a size 4 at the time, “the fact that I was that skinny and that I was deemed overweight still frightens me.”
6. Jessica turned down the lead in the 2004 romance The Notebook opposite Ryan Gosling. The role went to Rachel McAdams, but just imagine the camp classic that could have been!
7. She gets very candid about her years of heavy drinking and drug use. After hitting rock bottom after hosting a 2017 Halloween party for her three kids, she got sober.
8. Justin Timberlake and Ryan Gosling made a bet at age 12 over who would kiss Jessica first, after she and Timberlake smooched following her divorce from Nick Lachey, Justing immediately texted Ryan with news of his victory.
9. Jessica admitted to Andy Cohen that she was pissed about Nick Lachey‘s comments about her father in a “Plead the Fifth” segment of WWHL.
The drama continues off the pages, where anti-fur protesters have been staking her out, screaming “What type of person would wear fur in 2020?!”
If that’s not enough, you can always learn more via publisher HarperCollins.
Image: © Everett/Avalon.red