Jay Leno has been discharged from the hospital after sustaining burn injuries in a gasoline fire about nine days ago.
The former Tonight Show host, was discharged from the Grossman Burn Center in LA on Monday, and shared a photo with some members of his care team.
Leno, an avid car collector, had been working underneath a vehicle when he was burned by a gasoline fire,
Dr. Peter Grossman said during a previous press conference,
Jay would like to let everyone know how thankful he is for the care he received, and is very appreciative of all of the well wishes.
Leno was first taken to a local hospital and then was transferred to the Grossman Burn Center in LA after the incident. Grossman said,
…He’s Jay Leno, he’s walking around, he’s cracking jokes.”
His injuries are a mixture of second-degree and some third-degree burns.
He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday.
(Photo, Grossman Burn Center; via CNN)