• Jihad to be there. The Edinburgh Fringe Festival’s Jihad: The Musical, “a madcap gallop through the wacky world of international terrorism,” is not getting rave reviews in Britain. Is it too soon?
• Let’s go to the videotape. The trial of R Kelly starts September 17 in Chicago, more than five years after his indictment on 14 counts of child pornography.
• With seemingly nothing left to tell, Keith Richards will nevertheless be getting $7.3 million for a retell-all memoir, due to hit stores in 2010.
* Rudolph’s nose will be very red indeed now that the vodka-swilling Ruskies have appropriated the North Pole.
• Judge orders scamming fake gay male prostitute author Laura Albert aka JT Leroy to pay $350,000 in legal fees.