Addressing online bullying, Sprite‘s surprising online video ad is called I Love You, Hater and it almost entirely leaves out its product.
Real people from around the world that suffer from online bullying are interviewed;
• a French male pole dancer, Nico Moldestein is asked by a troll, “Left your balls in the locker room?”
• a freckled British man gets a message calling him “poo face”
• a Swedish skinny surfer, Liz Romer, gets one calling her “toothpick for sharks”
• a Spanish large-legged diver, Rocío Velázquez gets, “Here comes the tsunami”
• an English rapper, Tyrus McKenzie is told “Your songs are better on mute”
• a Spanish male couple, LGBTQ activists David Perez and Marius Caralt kiss during a Pride parade and get the message “At least they won’t reproduce”
Sprite is one of the latest brands to challenge bullying, homophobia, and sexism. The commercial, made in Argentina its airing globally. It’s the first gay-inclusive commercial from Sprite has run several in recent years.
(Photo, screen grab,; via Queerty)