Parking! Schedules! Badges! What kind of shoes to wear! Harrasment policies! Everything you need to know to get you through RuPaul’s DragCon! It’s the first year of the convention, so you probably don’t know what to expect! We’re here to help! After the jump, check out our Survival Guide.
And get a printable version HERE.
RuPaul’s DragCon Survival Guide
Hey GIRRRRRL! You are coming to RuPaul’s DragCon. Make sure your time is FABULOUS by reading this Survival Guide, henny!
1. You bought a ticket online! Print out your ticket (or have it downloaded to your smart phone) and bring it to Attendee Badge Redemption at the LACC WEST HALL LOBBY! We will scan that ticket and hand you a badge and lanyard that you will wear for the duration of DragCon. A badge is pretty much the best accessory ever (and you’ll need to wear it all day, anyway)
2. Pick up your badge Friday! We are expecting a TON of fans so avoid any lines by getting your badge early. You can do early badge pick up Friday May 15 from 4pm – 6pm. If you cannot make early badge pick-up, plan on arriving at the convention as early as possible to avoid long lines. We want you to spend your time at DragCon meeting Queens, shopping and seeing panels. Not standing in line to pick up your ticket!
3. Have your ticket printed out, or have it ready to have the QR barcode scanned on your smart phone. It makes scanning easier and faster, and the people behind you wont get mad!
4. Parking! More parking than a Saturday night in boy’stown! But with so many fans coming it will fill up early (so come early)! We encourage all attendees to use an alternative travel- Use code DragCon on LYFT for a discount mustache ride or take the Metrolink and/or Metro! The train stop is across the street from the Convention Center! You’ll save on parking and have more cash to shop with! Plus, we are all about being good to Drag Mother Earth here!
5. Get your friends to drive you. Carpooling is so hot right now!
6. If you do drive, check out the map of all our parking options. Find it HERE.
7. Read our Harassment Policy! No shade allowed. DragCon is a lovefest! If you see or YOU feel like someone is bothering you (or being inappropriate), tell a DragCon staff member or security RIGHT AWAY! Remember kids, DRAG IS NOT CONSENT! Ask before you snap a photo.
8. Bring all your cash. Many of our fabulous exhibitors take creditcards, but because of all the people Tweeting and Instagraming their fab time, it can slow down processing. So don’t miss out on that amazing shade of lipstick or that RuPaul commemorative plate. Keep the cash handy! (Yes, we have ATM’s at the LACC but you know about the lines and bank fees).
9. Don’t forget to stop by the official DragCon Merch booth for our amazing exclusives!
10. Queens will be selling merch, autographs, selfies, and pro photo ops. Bring stuff you want signed or buy stuff at the DragCon Merch booth!
11. Know your schedule! We have so many queens and gay icons signing at specific times and specific days. Know where everyone is by looking at our floor plan! CLICK HERE TO VIEW autograph and panel times!
12. Shoes! Heels will be a plenty. But remember heels hurt after awhile. Try to wear comfortable shoes, or bring some with you. You’re gonna be doing a ton of walking!
13. Bring a large purse or backpack. Great way to carry all the stuff you just bought!
14. If you are traveling in a group or with small kids, make a meeting point in case you get lost. Good choices are the RuPaul Lounge, or at the entrance. Phones do die on the show floor. Don’t get lost!
15. Have your phone charged and bring a mobile charger! You don’t wanna miss on any amazing photo opportunities!
16. We have a free program guide with all the panel schedules, autograph times, and other useful info! Pick up yours when you walk in!
17. PLAN AHEAD! We have some amazing panels happening at DragCon. Don’t miss out! Download our panel schedule HERE!
18. Don’t get HANGRY! Pack a lunch or check out the other food options at LA Live! LACC has concessions, but sometimes it’s not the healthiest option!
19. Commuting is pretty basic. Get a hotel room near the LACC. That way when that hottie you saw buying underwear hands you their number you can hang out sooner than later! DragCon weekend means NONSTOP PARTY!
20. When you Tweet or post to Instagram use:
#DRAGCON & #RUPAULSDRAGCON
21. Come in Drag! It’s not mandatory, but will be fun!
22. Make sure you see our awesome floor features like the RUseum, and the Mother Plucker Museum!
23. Party with us on Friday night! We have an amazing DragBall happening at the Conga Room (LA LIVE) May 15 to kick off DragCon. Tickets are only $10 and you can get yours HERE!
24. You need more Drag? Tuesday May 19th you can also get tickets to RuPaul’s Drag Race Reunited! The season 7 final tapping. Watch who snatches the crown LIVE! Get tickets HERE!