The crazy-creative folks at Reynolds Kitchen have come up with three new All-American twists to traditional turkey-making to try this holiday season.
A Flaming Hot Cheetos turkey, a Cool Ranch turkey, and an onion ring-flavored turkey. MMMMMMMM.
Below, the eight simple steps to make the Cheetos-Encrusted bird:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place hot puffed cheese sticks in a food processor and process until fully crushed. You can also add to a zip top bag and roll with a rolling pin until sticks are completely crushed.
- Brush oil or butter on turkey and coat with the crushed chips.
- Add 1 tsp of flour to the Reynolds® Oven Bag and place in a large roasting pan that is at least 2 inches deep
- Carefully slide turkey into the oven bag, making sure the opening of the bag is facing the end of the roasting pan, and not facing up. The bag should be inside the pan, not hanging over the edges of the pan. 6
- Close oven bag with the included nylon tie, and cut six 1/2 inch slits in the top of the bag
- Cook turkey till it reaches 165°F in several places. Remove from oven and let stand in oven bag for 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Cut open the top of the bag. Carefully lift turkey from bag and place in a large baking dish or pan with at least 2” sides. Return turkey to oven for 15 to 20 minutes to crisp the coating.
I think that very last step is crucial: Return the turkey to the oven after removing it from the bag, to crisp-up the Cheetos. They will have gotten awfully soggy from being steered in a bag for three hours. (via boingboing; photos: Reynolds Kitchen)