Canadian singer Grimes says she has undergone experimental surgery to eliminate all blue light from her vision by removing the top film of her eyeball and replacing it with an orange layer that she made in a lab. The reason? To cure seasonal depression, of course.
She made the surprising claim during an interview with Adidas in which the brand asked her: ‘tell us about your training regime.’
- Her training is a ‘360 approach’ that involves 2-4 hours a day in a ‘deprivation tank’ which ‘allows me to ‘astro-glide’ to other dimensions – past, present, and future,’ after taking a battery of supplements (‘such as NAD+, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Magnesium, etc.’) to ‘maximize the function of my mitochondria.’
- She also said she screams for 25 minutes a day in an infrared sauna while boiling honey tea
- After 1-2 hours of sword-fighting, some weight training, and a 45-minute, 4.5mph inclined hike (which she calls ‘arguably the most efficient workout’), Grimes spends 45 minutes stretching to get her brain to ‘a neuroplastic goal between 57.5 and 71.5 AphC’s.’
- She added she has also fitted her studio with ‘the highest grade of red light’ so that it’s ‘pretty much’ a ‘1000 sqf IR [square-foot infrared red] Sauna’,
- And she sleeps with a humidifier on.
More from the Adidas interview here.