Yes, Visonaire magazine is giving away tons of posters during Frieze NY this week. They already gave away thousands in December of ’15 in an installation on the beach in Miami during Art Basel, and in February they handed out more in the lobby of CAA during Oscars Week in LA. NYC marks Part 3 of their Visionaire 65 FREE with a brand new set of 12 Art Prints.
They are also promoting this on Grindr. Yes, Grindr of all things has partnered with Visionaire to promote to its 200,000+ daily users in NYC. It will feature in-app messaging as well as 12 specially designed profiles (see below) dedicated to each of the posters inviting users to come get FREE art.
There are 36 artists in all, 12 new posters here in NYC by Daniel Arsham, John Baldessari, Anton Corbijn, Wim Delvoye, Milton Glaser, Gigi Hadid, Glenn Ligon, Christian Marclay, Shirin Neshat, Yoko Ono, Ugo Rondinone & Mario Sorrenti.
Again, did I mention they are FREE! They’ll be handing them out from their Times Square kiosk and art trucks all over the city. I was at the opening of Frieze on Randall’s Island last night and got my Daniel Arsham & Christian Marclay ones from their cute kiosk minders.
Here’s where you can get yours in NYC:
• Thursday, May 5-Sun May 8 11am-8pm, TIMES SQUARE Kiosk, between 43rd – 44th Street
• Thursday, May 5 4pm-8pm, NADA Art Fair NY, Basketball City at 299 South Street on the East River
• Friday, May 6 11am-8pm, UNION SQUARE West between 15th – 16th Street
• Saturday, May 7 11am-8pm MEATPACKING DISTRICT, 14th Street between Washington & 10th Avenue
• Sunday, May 8 11am-8pm SOHO, Lafayette Street between Spring and Broome
And DO post about your 12-poster art experience because Marc Jacobs is rewarding creativity! He’s giving away 3 Pre-Fall (as yet unreleased) handbags to the most creative posts. Participants must collect all 12 Posters, take a photo of them all together, and include #GiveArtNYC @visionaireworld #MJVisionaire. Details at visionaireworld.com