Club Future Nostalgia is a HOT collection of brand-new remixes by some of the world’s finest dance music talent.
Here’s tonight’s soundtrack, featuring remixers handpicked by The Blessed Madonna, aka Marea Stamper, a Kentucky-born, Chicago-adopted and now London-based DJ.
Club Future Nostalgia features musical collaborations with Gwen Stefani, Madonna, Missy Elliott and BLACKPINK as well as remixes by the legendary Masters At Work, Godfather of house Larry Heard – aka Mr Fingers, Japanese superstar Gen Hoshino, multitalented artist/producer Mark Ronson, noughties remix king Jacques Lu Cont, Erykah Badu producer/collaborator Zach Witness, UK DJ/producer Midland, Horse Meat Disco – the touchstone for all things disco, Hot Chip and 2Bear’s Joe Goddard, queen of the underground Jayda G, DJ/remixer supreme Paul Woolford, Korean-American electronic star Yaeji and Detroit House Legend Moodymann.
The album also features the recent single Levitating (feat. Madonna and Missy Elliott) [The Blessed Madonna Remix]”
Blink & BlinkInk joined forces to create a 45-minute mixed media visualizer for Club Future Nostalgia. Directed by BlinkInk’s James Papper who worked with fourteen different artists and animators from around the world on the bespoke visualizer.
On the creation of Club Future Nostalgia Dua says,
“The last few months have been surreal.
I’ve watched you all dance in your homes and on your Zoom parties to Future Nostalgia like you were in the club with me. It brought so much joy to my days spent at home, even though I would’ve much rather been playing these songs live for you all on the road. During this time, I decided to take the party up a notch with the incomparable The Blessed Madonna, who secretly helped me to craft the mixtape that would become Club Future Nostalgia.
We invited some friends and legends to join in on the fun with us.”
On working on the album, The Blessed Madonna says,
“When Dua asked me to recreate Future Nostalgia as a DJ style dance mixtape, I was excited because I knew I was being asked to introduce not only myself, but my heroes and sheroes from both pop and club music in a whole new way.
You may already know Mark Ronson but now you will know Moodymann, Jayda G, Midland and many more. This mix is a story about dance music, pop music and the women who have defined both for generations.
Being able to make this love letter to her with such a legendary cast of characters is beyond comprehension. Club Future Nostalgia, is the dance floor we all so desperately need but can’t quite reach.”
Watch. And get up off the damn couch.
Full track listing:
1. Future Nostalgia – Joe Goddard Remix
2. Cool – Jayda G Remix
3. Good In Bed – Gen Hoshino Remix and Zach Witness Remix Sample: Neneh Cherry – Buffalo Stance Sample: Art Of Noise – Moments In Love
4. Pretty Please – Midland Remix 5. Pretty Please – Masters At Work Remix Sample: Cajmere – Coffee Pot (Percolator mix)
6. Boys Will Be Boys – Zach Witness Remix Sample: Lyn Collins – Think (About It)
7. Love Again – Horse Meat Disco Remix
8. Break My Heart / Jamiroquai Cosmic Girl Sample: Jamiroquai – Cosmic Girl (Dimitri From Paris Dubwize Remix)
9. Levitating (feat. Madonna and Missy Elliott) – The Blessed Madonna Remix
10. Hallucinate – Mr Fingers Deep Stripped Mix Sample: Gwen Stefani – Hollaback Girl Sample: Barbara Mason – Another Man
11. Hallucinate – Paul Woolford Extended Remix Sample: Larry Heard Presents Mr. White – The Sun Can’t Compare
12. Love Is Religion – The Blessed Madonna Remix
13. Don’t Start Now – Yaeji Remix Sample: Gaz – Sing Sing Sample: Fingers Inc & Robert Owens – Bring Down The Walls
14. Physical (feat. Gwen Stefani) – Mark Ronson Remix
15. Kiss and Make Up – Dua Lipa & BLACKPINK 16. That Kind Of Woman – Jacques Lu Cont Remix Sample: Stevie Nicks – Stand Back Acapella
17. Break My Heart – Moodymann Remix