I found this in the comments section:
“Rebel Heart sucks and this is coming from a die-hard fan. It’s crap and Madonna herself even admitted it sounds “uneven” since it’s not the record she wanted to make.
That’s because she wanted to release 2 records, Rebel, the experimental record and Heart, the pop record. According to Madge, her record label said, No, then they brought in Kanye West to re-mix the songs and blend both records into just the one. It’s why there are 4 versions of Rebel Heart and the sequence of songs seems ‘uneven’.
Her label even convinced her Living for Love would be her comeback smash and they put all the marketing behind it. Instead, her music ended up being banned from BBC Radio 1 which was unnecessary because there isn’t not one hit on the version of Rebel Heart she released.
Rebel Heart is not a Madonna record. Rebel Heart is what her label tried to engineer as her comeback record, as interpreted by Kanye West.
All I listen to is my demo version of Rebel Heart since the demos are far superior to the mess she released and that’s why it’s not selling. It’s crap.
My version of Rebel Heart that I listen to on the daily and would buy in a heartbeat:”
1) Living for Love
3) Borrowed Time (Aviici demo version)
4) Graffiti Heart (Pop demo version)
5) Veni, Vidi, Vici (Pop demo version)
6) Beautiful Scars (Pop demo version)
7) Joan of Arc (Acoustic demo version)
8) God is Love
9) Messiah (Aviici demo version)
10) Tragic Girl
11) Queen (Pop demo version)
12) Rebel Heart (Aviici demo version)
13) Wash All Over Me (demo dance version)
14) Hold Tight (Pop demo version)
15) Best Night (Pop demo version)
16) Inside Out (Pop demo version)
17) Nothing Lasts Forever (Pop demo version)
18) Heartbreak City (Aviici demo version)
19) Addicted (The One That Got Away) [Pop demo version]