Kevin Bacon stars in They/Them, a slasher horror film set at an LGBTQ conversion camp.
Several queer and trans campers join Owen Whistler (Bacon) for a week of programming at his Whistler Camp, intended to
help them find a new sense of freedom.”
As the camp’s methods become increasingly more psychologically unsettling, the campers must work together to protect themselves.
When a mysterious killer starts claiming victims, things get scary.
• Kevin Bacon (he/him) plays Owen Whistler, the conversion camp director who runs Whistler Camp alongside several counselors including his wife, Cora.
• Anna Chlumsky (she/her) plays Molly, the camp’s medic and newest employee.
• Carrie Preston (she/her) plays Cora Whistler, a licensed therapist in charge of the campers’ therapy sessions, and the wife of camp director Owen Whistler.
• Theo Germaine (they/them) plays Jordan, a transgender and non-binary camper from a religious background who has made a deal with their parents to legally emancipate if attending Whistler doesn’t “work.”
• Quei Tann (she/her) plays Alexandra, a transgender woman whose parents have threatened to kick her out of the house if she didn’t attend the camp.
• Austin Crute (he/him) plays Toby, a gay camper who negotiated with his parents for a trip to New York in exchange for a week at Whistler Camp.
• Monique Kim (she/her) plays Veronica, a bisexual camper who wants to stop fighting who she really is.
• Anna Lore (she/her) plays Kim, a closeted lesbian camper who puts on a perfectly crafted front for her family and friends, assuming that when she fits in, she’ll finally be loved.
• Cooper Koch (he/him) plays Stu, a jock with aspirations of a swim scholarship and joining his father’s fraternity – things he doesn’t feel he can achieve if he’s open about being gay.
• Darwin Del Fabro (he/him) plays Gabriel, a sensitive gay camper tired of the persistent name-calling and bullying he’s endured his entire life.
They/Them, award-winning screenwriter John Logan’s directorial debut, premieres on Peacock Friday, August 5, 2022.
(Photo, Josh Stringer/Blumhouse)