Filmmaker and World of Wonder co-founder, Fenton Bailey, has made dozens of documentary films (along with Wow’s Randy Barbato) and viewed hundreds if not thousands more at film festivals around the world. He recently watched an eye-opening doc made by Steve Bannon, whose official tile is “Assistant to the President and Chief Strategist.” Bailey says,
“For an insight into the person really running this presidency watch Generation Zero the documentary written and directed by Stephen Bannon. Based on this and reading interviews with him elsewhere clear and terrifying themes emerge,
1. Born in 1953, this is a man who grew up alienated from and enraged by the 60s revolution, as if the summer of love plunged him into a permanent nuclear winter.
2. He focuses his resentment on the so-called elite, a single-minded hydra-headed entity that combines Wall Street, corporations, politicians, mainstream media and anyone who disagrees with him.
3. He wants revenge and has an undisguised lust for blood.
4. He endorses a cyclical theory of American history with revolutions and social upheaval every 80 to 100 years and favors sinister mystical jargon like ‘fourth turnings’ (guess what – we are overdue for one…)
5. Should events fail to bring about the periodic chaos, a leader will emerge who will unleash it.
Now take all that and consider the events of the last couple of weeks: It’s not about the Muslim ban, letting the mentally ill buy guns, or any one thing per se. It’s about breaking all the rules, causing conflict, creating chaos, to firestart the apocalypse that will vindicate and avenge him. As in House Of Cards ‘We don’t submit to terror. We make the terror’. In Stephen Bannon’s hands we are hostage to an angry white man, a madman who is the ultimate terrorist. His finger is on the button and he will do everything to press it.
I should add that the wall-to-wall melodramatic orchestral kitsch score makes the film almost unwatchable, but that’s what it’s like inside the mind of crazy…”
You can watch the entire movie, below.