Ongina is ready to meet y’all at DragCon NYC!
Can you even handle the excitement?!? RuPaul’s DragCon NYC is rapidly approaching and we can’t wait for you all to have the BEST. WEEKEND. EVER.
Have you snatched up your tickets yet?!? We’ve got so many queens attending, there’s two kickass parties in NYC that weekend, and HELLO, it’s the first time we’re bringing DragCon to NYC! What are you waiting for?!? Buy those tickets, queens!
Anyway, in order to help the time pass quickly (why isn’t it September 9 & 10 yet?!?) we’ve spoken to the queens you’ll be able to meet at DragCon NYC about everything from getting ready for DragCon, the East vs. West Coast, and SO MUCH MORE!
Up first is none other than RuPaul’s Drag Race season one alum, Ongina!
Stay tuned to The WOW Report for more interviews in the coming weeks, but for right now, let’s dig into the answers this OG season queen sent in!
1. How long does it take you to get ready for DragCon?
It takes a couple of months. Prepping your merch, getting them made and hoping they’ll ship with little to no issues.
2. How does the West Coast differ from the East Coast in your opinion? Either with the Drag, the fans, or both?
I think that the East Coast may be more accessible to fans from surrounding eastern states and Europe. I believe the fans are the same – they all LOVE drag!
3. Who are YOU excited to meet at DragCon NYC?
I’m excited to meet new and old fans.
4. What items do you HAVE to have in your purse/bag/bra to survive DragCon?
Lipgloss, breathmints and snacks. Spicy peanuts all the way!
5. What do YOU always buy/stock up on while you’re at DragCon?
In LA I bought memory foam pillows!!! They’re awesome. This time, gonna look out for new jewelry!
6. What advice would you give to someone who is attending DragCon NYC for the first time?
My advice to new comers – be there early if you want to meet Sasha Velour! If you want to meet me, you can just walk right into my booth. I won’t have a line. :P
RuPaul’s DragCon NYC is happening at the Javits Center on September 9 & 10th. Head over to RuPaulsDragCon.com for FAQ, tickets, & MORE!
[Image provided to The WOW Report via Ongina.]