The Baltimore Orioles announced that a July 24th postgame concert by Diplo has been canceled due to new allegations of sexual assault against the superstar.
“The Orioles will not hold the upcoming postgame performance on July 24 at Oriole Park at Camden Yards,” the team tweeted Friday. “Fans who purchased field passes with game tickets to the Diplo concert on July 24 will receive a refund.”
In a lawsuit filed on June 24th, a woman accused Diplo — real name Thomas Wesley Pentz — of recording their sexual encounter without consent, and then later leaking that footage online. The woman also claimed that Pentz — who she alleged did not tell her that he had sexually transmitted infections — gave her chlamydia and HPV as a result of their sexual encounters.
“Diplo is a highly successful songwriter and record producer. He is also a middle-aged white man who targets very young Black women and girls for sexual assault,” the lawsuit states “Diplo solicited [the plaintiff] for sex when she was underage. Later, he had sex with her, twice, without disclosing that he had sexually transmitted infections (STIs), which he gave to her. When she spoke out about his abusive behavior, he retaliated against her by posting photos of her vagina and breasts on social media without her consent.”
Then last week, another woman came forward claiming he coerced her into performing oral sex, and recorded it.
According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, the alleged victim sayd she was invited back to Diplo’s after-party following one of his Vegas concerts at the Wynn in 2019, which she says she attended with friends, already intoxicated from drinking at the show.
Once there, she says Diplo gave her and everyone else more weed and alcohol … which they accepted. She claims Diplo eventually invited her to his personal room, and his security team started kicking out everyone else … including a male friend, the bodyguards allegedly punched in the face when he refused to leave without her.
The woman alleges Diplo told her she couldn’t leave until she performed sex acts on him — and after realizing there was no way out, she says she acquiesced and performed oral sex on him. The woman believes Diplo filmed the encounter without her consent. In fact, she says she wasn’t fit to consent to any of it.
She goes on to claim she was in fear for her safety throughout the alleged ordeal, and she’s suing Diplo for damages.
Diplo’s lawyer Bryan Freedman said in a statement Saturday to Rolling Stone, “There is unequivocal evidence that completely refutes what is being claimed. We will be sharing it with the court this week and, once that evidence has been reviewed, the false and malicious nature of this shakedown will be revealed once and for all.”