Rihanna just announced that her nonprofit charity the Clara Lionel Foundation with the help of Jimmy John Founder would be donating $5 million toward COVID-19 relief.
According to their announcement, funds will support:
- Local food banks serving at-risk communities and the elderly in the United States;
- Acceleration of testing and care in countries like Haiti and Malawi, as well as the mobilization of resources and additional capacity and support for Native communities;
- Protective equipment for frontline health workers and diagnostic labs, the establishment and maintenance of intensive care units, and acceleration of the development of vaccines and other therapies across the globe;
- Healthcare worker training, virus prevention and containment in countries that will be on the frontlines of the COVID-19 response; and,
- Distribution of critical respiratory supplies.
Rihanna founded the organization in 2012 in honor of her grandparents Clara and Lionel Braithwaite. Thank you for stepping up in this time of crisis!
Image: © Image Press Agency/Avalon.red, via Refinery29