Click Continue to find out.
• Anne “taking full responsibility” for Kate Hudson’s belch that Meredith tattled on her about.
• Matt saying he was relieved that it was a belch and not a fart . Matt talking about “ventriloquist farts.”
• Kate’s pained face in the closeup as they leave the scene for a commercial. And then Matt apologizing for her “welcome” (a reference to Meredith’s putting her on the spot about belching and I guess the general farty level the Today show has sunk to).
• Meredith telling the doctor in the interview that “gross behavior” is fun but serious. What the fuck, though – the doctor is on TV telling parents how to keep their teenagers from deliberately farting? if that’s a problem in your home you have larger issues to deal with.
• To keep children from picking scabs, tell them they will be known as “the scab picker” throughout their middle-school years? Great advice.
• At the end, the doctor talking about children spitting: “When they’re little, often it’s a vote for attention. It’s a very normal thing, it’s a natural thing that, as a mom or a dad, you’re going to say, “Knock it off, it’s inappropriate, it’s gross, and you’re not going to do that in our presence.”
• Meredith gives her some kind of elbow salute that she amazingly copies, so they bump elbows in midair and then Meredith says to the camera, “Who knows where her hands have been?”
• Once past the 8:00 mark on the Today show, the level of discourse descends dramatically.