Kevin Spacey will be arraigned on a charge of felony sexual assault next month. The Cape and Islands district attorney in Massachusetts said on Monday afternoon that Spacey will appear January 7 at Nantucket District Court.
The charge stems from an incident that occured on the island back in 2016.
According to the Daily Mail, the victim’s mother, Heather Unruh, said last year that Spacey repeatedly stuck his hand down the pants of her 18-year-old son. The boy got away when a woman walked over to him while the actor was in the bathroom and said:
Spacey was reportedly trying to convince the boy to join him at a party. When the boy eventually got to his grandmother’s home, he told his younger sister what had happened and then called his mother.
Spacey released a strange video today suggesting that he was preparing to make a comeback.
The video is entitled Let Me Be Frank (his characters name in House of Cards was Frank Underwood) In it the actor acknowledges the charges which have been made against him and suggests he will overcome them and revive his career.
It starts out with Spacey at the sink, in character as Underwood, wearing an apron washing his hand,
“I know what you want. They’ve tried to separate us, but what we have is too strong, too powerful…“
The lawyer for the victim gave a brief statement on Monday, saying:
“The complainant has shown a tremendous amount of courage in coming forward. Let the facts be presented, the relevant law applied and a just and fair verdict rendered.“
The Daily Mail uncovered a photos of Spacey from that week in Nantucket back in 2016, including one taken with a co-worker of the victim at The Club Car, where the alleged assault took place.
Reps for Spacey have not responded to multiple requests for comment about this incident over the past year.
Spacey was cut from Ridley Scott‘s finished film All the Money in the World and replaced by Christopher Plummer, just six weeks before it hit theaters.
(Photo, YouTube screen grab; via The Daily Mail)