Yes, Trump’s Presidency by almost any measure except the one FoxNews uses, is a big fat failure. But that doesn’t stop our fake POTUS from tooting his own horn. Trump told a crowd in Kenosha, Wisconsin ten days short of the usual marker,
“No administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days.”
But what’s he actually accomplished? According to LGBTQ Nation, here are just a few things…
• The White House website lists 28 bills signed by Trump. Though this is the highest since 1949, it stands well below the 76 signed by Roosevelt in 1933. As PolitiFact reports, however, many of Trump’s bills were “minor or housekeeping bills,” and “none met a longstanding political-science standard for ‘major bills’.”
• After Senate leadership did away with the 60-vote threshold and destroyed any potential for across the aisle consensus in the confirmation process for members of the highest and most impactful court in the land, the Senate confirmed, Neil Gorsuch, Trump’s ultra-conservative pick for the Supreme Court. This jeopardizes women’s reproductive freedoms, and the continued increases of corporate funding for political candidates and office holders.
• Since Jan. 21 the White House website has removed reference to LGBT issues and policies and issues of climate change from the previous administration, and reversed an Obama-era executive order permitting trans students to use school facilities most closely aligning with their gender identities.
• Trump eliminated the Obama era’s planned reduction of mortgage insurance premium rates, which Obama implemented to make home ownership more affordable.
• He pulled the U.S. out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement, which virtually ensures China a lock on trade in the Asian-Pacific region.
• Trump has increased the portfolios of his daughter and son-in-law, who have no actual experience in the positions they hold, and he went back on a campaign promise and is still refusing to release his taxes.
• He demanded the cast of Hamilton to issue an apology to the vice president for being “rude.”
Numerous scandals are piling up throughout his administration including links to Russia in influencing the outcome of the past election and BIG concerns over his business ventures and conflicts of interest.
But hey, you can’t really say he’s done NOTHING. He’s lied consistently, he’s fumbled health care, blundered his promise to build the wall, fired tons of seasoned D.C. folks effectively hobbling the U.S. government, brought America to the brink of war AND made U.S. the laughing stock of the world. That’s not NOTHING.
(via LGBTQ Nation)