As per The New York Post‘s Page Six, there is a “Bradley Cooper doppelganger” who’s been trying to crash parties this year at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. He managed to “talk his way” into a party for the movie White Girl, though organizers “quickly caught on.” When he was escorted out,
“He said, ‘You’re done for!’ and would not give ID… He pushed a button on an iPhone and had a picture of ‘The Hangover’ as his screensaver.”
Amateur move. Vanity Fair had come some helpful tips to impersonating Cooper (one would assume these would come from first-hand knowledge…)
• Wear a suit jacket, but no tie. Don’t tuck in your shirt. Look like you slept in the clothes you’re wearing, but also like you could be sitting front row at a Prada fashion show in them (we know, it’s a tricky balance).
• Walk up to one of the caterers passing around hors d’oeuvres, and crouch down a bit and say, “How are you doing tonight, hon? You O.K.?,” and then when she starts to answer, sort of absentmindedly look around the room.
• Start speaking in French, with no explanation, in the middle of a conversation.
• Drop David and Jennifer and Sienna into conversation, with as much verbal italics as possible.
• Every once in a while, jump up-and-down seven or eight times. If anyone gives you a weird look, just smile and nod your head at them. (They will smile and wave back.)
One would assume, if you’re cute enough to play Bradley Copper, you might do well on your own and just let everyone mistake you for the real deal. (via NY Post)