“There are two types of people in the world,” says the Huffington Post. “There are those who love Michelle Visage. And there are those who will learn to love her when they get to know her.” And both types are on tenterhooks, of course, waiting for Holestar’s daily update to let us know if the goddess is SLAYING it in the Celebrity Big Brother House. To hold you over, here’s 9 facts about her AFTER THE JUMP.
- Michelle Shupack was born in New Jersey, and is better known as Michelle Visage, a name that was given to her when she started going out in New York gay clubs – where else would it have been? – at the age of 17.
- As a child, animal-lover Michelle wanted to be a vet, until her mum alerted her to the fact that she would have to euthanise dogs. So she settled on a career in showbiz instead.
- She first sound success as a member of the girl group Seduction. Here’s the video for their 1989 single ‘Two To Make It Right’, back when Michelle was still a dead-ringer for Madonna.
- It’ll be interesting to see how Michelle gets on during the series, particularly on a night time, as she doesn’t drink, claiming: “I never liked alcohol… perhaps it’s the Virgo thing in me
- And while we’re used to seeing Michelle coiffed and polished, it sounds as though it might be a different story as the weeks roll on in the ‘CBB’ house – she recently confessed she needs to have her hair done by a pro because she can’t style it herself, joking: “Listen, I’m from New Jersey and I know how to do one hairstyle it’s big and it’s 1980’s. So it’ll never happen. If I do my own hair it’s in a bun. You know if my hair is in a bun I did it. I do a fierce f***ing bun.”
AND HERE’S A BONUS FUN FACT:
- As a regular judge on one of the biggest LGBT shows in the world, Michelle says she’s always been an advocate for gay rights, claiming she hopes the gay community in the UK will be voting for her during ‘CBB’. She told producers: “They are my blood, they are my lifeline, they run through my veins.”
Check out MORE FACTS about Michelle at HuffPoEntertainment.