If you stay ready, you ain’t gotta GET ready!
It’s almost time to attend the BIGGEST RuPaul’s DragCon celebration yet, happening May 13, 14 and 15! Are you ready, divas? Read on for tips on how to prepare for the fiercest 3-day weekend of all things drag and pop culture!
1201 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Food & Bars
There is plenty of food and bars around the convention center. This includes Compass Cafe in the South Hall lobby and around the perimeters of South Hall. There is also an outdoor food court on the left side, back-end of the showroom floor. Depending on the location, there are veggie and vegan options.
The Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) offers two parking garages on a first come first serve basis.
Maps and more info can be found here – LACC Parking
All attendees 5 years and older must provide proof of up-to-date vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test upon entry into the venue(taken within 48 hours of walking through the doors). Please note: if you are going to be showing test results for entry, and are attending for multiple days, you may need to re-test in order to comply with the 48 hour window requirements.
At home tests will not be accepted. DragCon uses the CDC’s definition of up-to-date vaccination, which currently states you are fully vaccinated when you have received all doses in the primary series and one booster when eligible. Details can be found on the CDC website.
If an attendee does not have a vaccination card or negative test with them upon arrival, they may utilize on-site COVID testing to gain proof of a negative test. On-site testing is $50 per test and must be paid for via cash or Venmo. Wait time is 10 minutes for results. If an attendee tests positive on-site, they will not be allowed entry to the event.
As of now, masks are optional but recommended – however, vendor and talent booths may have their own rules in place that require masks for shopping/meet and greets. DragCon will provide masks on site for attendees who are in need of them.
DragCon’s first priority is always the health and safety of everyone involved. Given how quickly information and safety requirements surrounding COVID-19 change, our guidelines are subject to change.
Refusal to cooperate with these procedures on-site will result in ejection from the venue without refund.
- Check out all the programming available at DragCon, and make your schedule! You don’t want to miss a chance to see RuPaul DJing live or your favorite queens in our once-in-a-lifetime panels or Main Stage performances!
- Shoes! Heels will be aplenty. But remember heels hurt after a while. Try to wear comfortable shoes, or bring some with you. You’re gonna be doing a ton of walking!
- Come in Drag (whatever that means to you)! It’s not mandatory, but will make for an iconic time!
- Don’t forget to stop by the World of Wonder booth for amazing exclusive merch that you can only find at DragCon!
- Because there will be bag checks at DragCon, it’s best to pack as light as possible and avoid wearing metal.
- Use #DragCon or tag @rupaulsdragcon on your social media posts. Share your DragCon experience with your friends who couldn’t make it!
- Support the small businesses and vendors at DragCon to get your hands on cosmetics, art, wigs, accessories, merch, and much more!
Preparing for RuPaul’s DragCon
When you arrive at the Los Angeles Convention Center, you’ll need to go to registration before you can enter the show floor. Registration is located in the South Hall lobby.
At registration, your ticket will be scanned and you’ll be given a badge to wear throughout the DragCon weekend. Please make sure you bring either your printed ticket or mobile ticket with you to registration. You can’t register without it. You can register tickets for your friends and family, without them being present. We do not have an onsite box office, purchasing tickets ahead of time is highly encouraged. You may be asked to show your vax card or a negative covid test before entering the building, details will be announced at a later date.
Early Badge Pick Up
Thursday, May 12 – 3:00pm to 8:00pm in the South Hall Lobby
All ticket tiers are eligible to pick up their badges at early badge pick up.
Registration During DragCon Weekend
Registration opens at 7:30am each day of DragCon weekend, May 13th to the 15th. Reminder, doors open for VIP All Star Attendees at 9am each day and 10am for the general public. If you collected your badge before doors open, you may queue in the designated waiting areas.
VIP All Star Registration
If you are a VIP All Star ticket holder, please register at the counter on the right side of the South Hall lobby. You will find it by entering the first door on the right side of the South Hall lobby. This is a dedicated registration counter just for All Star attendees. You will also be receiving your exclusive DragCon All Star merchandise!
- Get your schedule set! Check out the Panel, Main Stage, and Signing schedules before you arrive, and know where you want to be and when!
- Know your way around. Download the floor map before the convention.
- Read our Harassment Policy! No shade allowed! DragCon is a love fest! If you see or feel like someone is bothering you (or being inappropriate), tell a DragCon staff member or security right away! Remember kids, Drag Is Not Consent! Ask before you snap a photo.
- Bring your phone’s charging cable. You don’t wanna miss any amazing photo opportunities!
- If you are traveling in a group or with small kids, set a meeting point in case you get lost. Good choices are the Kid Zone, Lounges, or the World of Wonder booth. Phones can die on the show floor. Don’t get lost!
Above all, we’re here to celebrate inclusivity and acceptance as drag lovers together, so remember to be respectful and have so much fun this weekend!