Monday, January 25, 2010 03:31 PM
I don't own a house, and even if I did, I doubt I could afford it, but I want to own this bathtub.
Yes, you would need a huge bathroom to fit it, you would probably need a step stool* to get into it, and a guest might look at you strange. BUT OMG can't you just imagine spending an entire Sunday in there? And finally, there's the name: CUNA. (via Coudal Partners)
*Speaking of amazing household products, Loll is my new favorite.
Monday, February 09, 2009 01:32 PM
More then a year ago I wrote a short post with my thoughts on the Kindle.
Here's an updated list, with adjustments for Kindle 2.
• Who in the world would actually want an ebook in the first place?
• Well maybe it would be good for all my manuals. Mac OS Server
references are hundreds of pages.
• Maybe I can get WOW to pay for one? Don't even want to play with it anymore.
• $0.10 to get a PDF on this thing?
• Ambiguous wireless, for free, but you surf in B&W.
• It's really fucking ugly. Still true
• Why are the keys tilted, but not the type? At least they fixed that.
• Typography, it's more important than Amazon thinks.
• Why can't that little scroller thing adjust the font size? Now there's a joystick
• 30 hours of battery life isn't bad, but do I have to have yet
another power cable, or does it use USB? Charges via USB, lasts two weeks
• $2 a month to read TechCrunch? I'll pass.
• Finally a good excuse to stop lending out my book collection.
And apparently Amazon will be making ebook readers for other devices, ie iPhone. Though there's already competition for that.
So now there's even less reason to get one.