Kate Moss and Donatella Versace at Playboy’s 60th anniversary issue party hosted by Kate and Marc Jacobs at The Playboy Club in London. (Photos: Pacific Coast News)
Tag Archives: party people
James Franco heads into the AMA after-party at the Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood carrying – what else? – the homo classic City of Night by John Rechy, because what else would James Franco do at a party except let everyone know he’s reading a book about gay hustlers? WE GET IT. YOU LIKE THE GAYS. YOU FIND OUR DARK AND MYSTERIOUS SUBCULTURE WORTHY OF PLUNDERING FOR YOUR AHHHRT. *throws hands in air* Just leave the book in the car, Dr Livingston. (Photo: Pacific Coast News)
Fun Couples in their finest frippery at the “Isabella Blow: Fashion Galore” exhibit at Somerset House in London: Grace Jones and legendary hat maker Philip Treacy; WOW favorites Daniel Lismore and Boy George; Daphne Guinness and Nick Knight; and Mary J Blige and Liberty Ross. (Photos: Pacific Coast News)
So Lady Gaga had a big ta-doo at the Brooklyn Navy Yard last night – an artRAVE, which was part concert and part museum after-hours.
A glittering who’s who from the art, tech, and fashion worlds danced around a real-life version of the Jeff Koons sculpture seen on the album’s cover, along with four more pieces by the artist. The party also included new works from Marina Abramovic, Inez & Vinoodh, and Robert Wilson. There were hot dogs, grilled cheese sandwiches, and more than a few lip synced performances by the Lady of the hour, who emerged around 12:45 a.m. in front of a massive, custom-made Jeff Koons statue of herself because of course.
Before her performance she toodled around in THIS propeller dress – called Volantis, a creation dreamed up by her team TechHaus and Studio XO. And people GAGGED. What do you think? (via Gothamist)
1. Exceedingly hot doofus Nick Jonas at the Sunset Marquis for the NYLON party.
2. Shenae Grimes (who I could not pick out of a police lineup if my life depended on it)(even though she’s a lovely and talented girl, no doubt about it) was also at the NYLON party with her model husband Josh Beech (who has a young Jonathan Rhys-Meyers vibe to him, don’t you think? YUM).
3. Punk icon Debbie Harry and celebrity photoshopper Annie Leibovitz hail a cab in Soho.
4. Gorgeous Sutan Amrull aka RDR season 3 winner Raja parties at Bootsy Bellows nightclub on Halloween and I’m just now seeing the pictures. FAAAAABULOUS.
“I didn’t start smoking weed until later in life … I mean, I’m not gonna lie — I’ve tried everything, just between you, me and the people who read this magazine. I’ve tried it all. I played one of the biggest drug dealers in the world on TV, so you think I’d know what I was talking about.” – Idris Elba to Playboy, admitting he partied HARD in his younger days. (via Vulture)
1. Dewey peach Paz de la Huerta seen arriving at Chateau Marmont.
2. Filmmaker, street artist, and FOB (Friend of Banksy) Mr Brainwash seen leaving Chateau Marmont.
3. Jim Jarmusch, who looks more like the mad scientist from Robot Chicken every day, attends the Only Lovers Left Alive premiere during the 51st New York Film Festival at Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center in New York
4. Georgia May Jagger attends the Rimmel London 180th Anniversary Celebration at the Covent Garden in London, and for an event celebrating makeup, hers looks AWFUL.
(Photos: Pacific Coast News)
French model-actor Gaspard Ulliel will bring his leonine grace to the role of Yves, while craggy thesp Willem Dafoe is set to play Andy Warhol in the new biopic that covers the years 1965-76, during which Saint Laurent and Warhol were close friends who partied the same circles. I think Yves would be pleased. Also cast: Blue Is the Warmest Color sensation Léa Seydoux as YSL’s muse Loulou de la Falaise and Louis Garrel as legendary party habitué and boy-toy Jacques de Bascher. It’s set to be released in May 2014, so expect this to be THE party to go to a Cannes. (via hint; photos Pacific Coast News)