From HuffPo: “Malaysia’s Education Ministry has ‘endorsed guidelines‘ to help parents identify gay and lesbian ‘symptoms’ in their children, a Malaysian news website reports. The list of guidelines lists eight ‘symptoms’ — four for gays and four for lesbians.”
Symptoms of gays:
– Have a muscular body and like to show their body by wearing V-neck and sleeveless clothes;
– Prefer tight and light-coloured clothes;
– Attracted to men; and
– Like to bring big handbags, similar to those used by women, when hanging out.
Symptoms of lesbians:
– Attracted to women;
– Besides their female companions, they will distance themselves from other women;
– Like to hang out, have meals and sleep in the company of women; and
– Have no affection for men.
YOU GOT THAT? WATCH OUT! Women who like women but distance themselves from other women, except for eating, sleeping, and hanging out with them. “Once the children have these symptoms, immediate attention should be given,” the guidelines warned. (It would be funny if it probably wasn’t so problematic for Malaysian LGBT youths.)