In my heart of hearts I'm convinced that Will and Jada are just trying to control the spin on their divorce announcememt, and are strong-arming shows like Extra! and Access Hollywood to deny the breakup rumors under threat of future interview boycotts if they don't play along. And apparently I'm not the only who thinks this, either. Via Blind Gossip comes this lengthy statement that bares reposting: "We know you’re hearing conflicting reports about a certain celebrity couple. So, you want to know what’s really going on? Of course you do! Here you go:
1. Saying that their marriage is 'intact' is simply a fresh way of saying that they are not yet divorced. Therefore, it is a true statement.
2. Celebrities want to be in control of the timing of announcements about their personal lives. They get really irritated when information leaks out prematurely. This couple is no exception. The info was leaked and they are furious. Expect them and their publicist/s to continue to deny any rumors to maintain a modicum of control until all the pieces are in place for the divorce.
3. Whenever a couple insists on excessive PDA and statements about how manly/ womanly/ sexually active they are, you should immediately suspect that at least one of them is bearding for the other. In this case, it’s a double bearding.
4. There are two publicists involved, not just one, and they are not playing well together. One contributing factor is a recent agent/agency shuffle.
5. Although the couple hasn’t really spent any time together in the past month or so, the one thing on which all publicists can agree is… photo ops! So you should expect several staged photo ops in the near future of the “intact” family. There will be lots of big, fake smiles and boisterous, fake laughter and playful, fake cuddling. They’re actors, people. All of them. Actors know how to fake happyness.
6. Leaking information that a woman is having a secret affair with her costar is a very creative way of trying to convince people that your client is heterosexual. She is not.
7. Don’t expect anyone to come out of the closet on this one as a result of the divorce. Their livelihoods depend on them being perceived as stereotypes of an A-list masculine action hero and a sexy and devoted mom.
8. Threats of lawsuits are mere blustering and are meant to discourage the media from printing additional stories. The truth is that this couple would never actually expose themselves to discovery (e.g. interrogatories, depositions, requests to produce documents).
9. They’re done.
10. Yes, we’re sure. We have only one degree of separation from this couple."